Re: spoonbill vs. -HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: spoonbill vs. -HEAD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> hmm - will look into that in a bit - but I also just noticed that on the
> same day spoonbill broke there was also a commit to that file
> immediately before that code adding the fflush() calls.

It's hard to see how those would be related to this symptom.  My bet
is that the new fk-deadlock test exposed some pre-existing issue in
isolationtester.  Not quite clear what yet, though.

A different line of thought is that the cancel was received by the
backend but didn't succeed in cancelling the query for some reason.