Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Augh. Does this mean that we need to "backpatch" earlier versions to remove
> the possible GPL links?

[ shrug... ]  I'm not planning to panic; we've still got explicit GPL
code that's not been cleaned out of contrib/ yet.  (Um, weren't you on
the hook to move those modules to pgfoundry projects?)

I think we should endeavor to clean up any license questions going
forward, but it's useless to worry about the back branches; they are
what they are, and anyone who actually wants to sue us could do so
anyway on the strength of releases already out there.