Re: now() AT TIME ZONE interval '-5 hours' returns type interval??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: now() AT TIME ZONE interval '-5 hours' returns type interval???
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> On Thursday 13 March 2003 8:10 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> UPDATE pg_proc SET prorettype = 1114 WHERE prosrc = 'timestamptz_izone';

> This syntax looked useful to me so I tried the update you suggested
> (fortunately on an old test system running 7.2.3) and now it only returns
> 2000-01-01 00:00:00. Always.

Sorry, I should have made it clear that that patch was only for 7.3.*.
7.2 has a much more primitive AT TIME ZONE facility --- IIRC, the
function in question returns TEXT in 7.2.  (The origin of this problem
seems to be that Tom Lockhart left before he'd finished debugging his
latest round of date-and-time improvements.)

If you need to fix your test system, change the value back to 25.

            regards, tom lane