Re: Problems restarting after database crashed (signal 11). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems restarting after database crashed (signal 11).
Date
Re: Problems restarting after database crashed (signal 11).  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-general
Christopher Cashell <topher-pgsql@zyp.org> writes:
> 28424 postgres  18   0 16804 3044  15m D  0.0  1.6   0:06.72 postmaster

> Note that it does have a process status of 'D', or uninterruptible
> sleep.  That would explain the unkillable part, though I'm curious how
> it ended up there.

Perhaps I'm just of an older generation, but I always thought 'D' meant
"disk I/O wait".  Which definitely is uninterruptible on most Unixen.

            regards, tom lane