Re: Duplicate object names in GRANT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Duplicate object names in GRANT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> I ran across this yesterday on HEAD:

> template1=# grant select on foo, foo to swm;
> ERROR:  tuple already updated by self

Seems to fail similarly in every version back to 7.2; probably further,
but that's all I have running at the moment.

> We could do away with the error by producing a unique list of object names
> -- but that would impose an extra cost on the common case.

CommandCounterIncrement in the GRANT loop would be easier, likely.
I'm having a hard time getting excited about it though...