Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net> writes:
> So would you set commit_fsync_delay on a per-transaction basis? That
> doesn't make much sense to me... I guess I'm not seeing how you would
> explicitly mark transactions that you didn't want to fsync immediately.

My assumption was that most of the time you'd want this behavior
per-session and so the existing mechanisms for setting a GUC variable
would work perfectly well.  If you really want it per-transaction then
changing the variable on the fly is possible (perhaps using SET LOCAL).
You'll be issuing nonstandard commands either way...