Re: Locking question? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Locking question?
Date
List pgsql-general
Well... if the application crashes then normally the TCP connection
would drop as well.

The problem is that in many environments it can take a *long* time
for the backend to realize that the client went away. The
tcp_keepalives_* settings are intended to try and reduce that time to
a more reasonable value, but bear in mind that they depend on the TCP
stack provided by the OS/environment, so it's not guaranteed to work
perfectly.