Re: Dropping schemas and "illegal seek" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dropping schemas and "illegal seek"
Date
List pgsql-general
Felix Finch <felix@crowfix.com> writes:
> changed to
>     psql -c 'DROP SCHEMA x1 CASCADE' -c 'DROP SCHEMA x2 CASCADE' ...

AFAICT psql will only execute the last -c string if you try to specify
more than one on the command line, so the above is pretty hopeless anyway,
but

> and began getting this complaint from psql:
>     Can't drop schemas: Illegal seek

I don't see this here.  What platform is this on, and what PG version?

> Have I hosed this database?

AFAICT whatever this is is local to psql's command processing, so no
your database isn't hosed.

My guess is that the "Illegal seek" message is coming from trying to
fseek stdin, but why it's trying to do that is impossible to guess
without seeing the complete command line.

Is "Can't drop schemas" coming from your script?  I don't believe that
such a message text appears anywhere in psql or the backend.

            regards, tom lane