Re: [HACKERS] cache question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] cache question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Can someone explain why there are two network_ops in the pg_opclass
> table?

Looks like one is for type inet and the other for type cidr.  I'm
still confused about the difference between the two types (hey,
I ain't Paul Vixie) but I suspect we don't really need two entries
in pg_opclass for them --- the types are binary-equivalent according
to parse_coerce.h.  If we do need two entries, they should be given
different names.

> This stuff confusing.

It's 1:30AM EST ... way past time to be doing serious work, at least
in this time zone ...