Would a BGW need shmem_access or database_connection to enumeratedatabases? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Would a BGW need shmem_access or database_connection to enumeratedatabases?
Date
Re: Would a BGW need shmem_access or database_connection to enumeratedatabases?  (Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>)
Re: Would a BGW need shmem_access or database_connection to enumerate databases?  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I'm thinking of writing a background worker that will enumerate
the databases present, and spin off, for each one, another BGW
that will establish a connection and do stuff.

For the "master" one, what capabilities will it need to simply
enumerate the current names of known databases? I suppose I could
have it connect to the null dbname and query pg_database. Would
that be the civilized way to do it, or am I missing a simpler way?

-Chap