Re: Postgresql likes Tuesday... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql likes Tuesday...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
>  What think about it our Toms?
>  In the Oracle it's same (means WW vs. IW vs. D)

If it works the same as Oracle then I'm happy with it; that's what it's
supposed to do.

The real point here seems to be that EXTRACT(week) corresponds to
to_date's IW conversion, not WW conversion.  This is indeed implied by
the docs, but it's not stated plainly (there's just a reference to ISO
in each of the relevant pages).  Perhaps we need more documentation, or
a different layout that would offer a place to put notes like this one.