Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't know how to make it output the symbol names like it seems to do
> for you.

I dislike the object-file-based approach altogether, not least because
it appears to depend on unportable aspects of someBSD's objdump.

Surely there's some code out there that can find typedef names from the
source files?  Why does pgindent even need to be told this?

> I am also wondering if current GNU indent is now better suited to the
> task.  Perhaps the bugs that it had on earlier versions have since been
> fixed?  I remember checking the source code size a couple of years ago
> and it had grown by an order of magnitude or something like that.

It might be interesting to try it again.  It's been quite a few years
since anyone tried it on the PG sources, AFAIK.