Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs
Date
Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: pgindent issue with EXEC_BACKEND-only typedefs  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Does someone want to generate that typedef list in the future?

I would love to do that, but objdump --stabs does not work for me like
find_typedefs says it should.  I only get something like:

$ objdump --stabs ../backend/postgres

../backend/postgres:     file format elf64-x86-64

$ objdump --version
GNU objdump (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.18.20071027
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.

I don't know how to make it output the symbol names like it seems to do
for you.

Having the typedef list in the script itself seems like a barrier for
other people to contribute to this thing.  I wonder if that can be
changed so that the typedef is on a separate list.

(Why are we still distributing pgjindent anyway?)

I am also wondering if current GNU indent is now better suited to the
task.  Perhaps the bugs that it had on earlier versions have since been
fixed?  I remember checking the source code size a couple of years ago
and it had grown by an order of magnitude or something like that.