Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash after running sqlsmith - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tushar
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash after running sqlsmith
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/29/2017 12:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hm ... I don't see a crash here, but I wonder whether you have parameters
> set that would cause this query to be run as a parallel query?  Because
> pg_rotate_logfile() is marked as parallel-safe in pg_proc, which seems
> probably insane.
Well, I am able to see a crash .  Enable "logging_collector=on" in
postgresql.conf file / restart the server and fire below sql query - 5
or 6 times

select          80 as c0,          pg_catalog.pg_backend_pid() as c1,          68 as c2,          subq_1.c0 as c3,
   subq_1.c0 as c4        from          (select                ref_0.specific_schema as c0              from
   information_schema.role_routine_grants as ref_0,                lateral (select                      ref_0.grantor
asc0,                      50 as c1                    from                      information_schema.routines as ref_1
                where (63 = 86)                      or (pg_catalog.pg_advisory_lock(
cast(ref_1.result_cast_datetime_precisionas

integer),                          cast(pg_catalog.bttidcmp(                            cast(null as tid),
             cast(null as tid)) as integer)) is NULL)                    limit 143) as subq_0              where
pg_catalog.pg_rotate_logfile()is NULL) as subq_1        where 50 <> 45;

--
regards,tushar
EnterpriseDB  https://www.enterprisedb.com/