Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash after running sqlsmith - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash after running sqlsmith
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash after running sqlsmith  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:46 AM, tushar <tushar.ahuja@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On 03/29/2017 12:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> Hm ... I don't see a crash here, but I wonder whether you have parameters
>> set that would cause this query to be run as a parallel query?  Because
>> pg_rotate_logfile() is marked as parallel-safe in pg_proc, which seems
>> probably insane.
>
> Well, I am able to see a crash .  Enable "logging_collector=on" in
> postgresql.conf file / restart the server and fire below sql query - 5 or 6
> times

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you try it with the attached patch?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company