Re: Point in Time Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also, when you are in recovery mode, how do you get out of recovery
> mode, meaning if you have a power failure, how do you prevent the system
> from doing another recovery?  Do you remove the recovery.conf file?

I do not care for the idea of a recovery.conf file at all, and have been
intending to look to see what we'd need to do to not have one.  I find
it hard to believe that there is anything one would put in it that is
really persistent state.  The above concern shows why it shouldn't be
treated as a persistent configuration file.