Now that I have --enabled-nls... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francois Suter
Subject Now that I have --enabled-nls...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

Now that I have an installation of PostgreSQL on Mac OS X 10.3.2 with
national language support, I'm trying to get it to display in some
other language, of course. Although my interest is in the French
translation, I tried it out with German first, since it is much more
complete.

If I read the manual correctly, all I have to do is set the lc_message
parameter to "de_DE" in postgresql.conf and SIGHUP the postmaster. Is
that correct? Are there other settings?

I am asking because - as you can guess - psql still displays in
English, which leaves me wondering whether I am doing something wrong
or if this is yet another quirk of localization on Mac OS X...

TIA.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco