Re: Now that I have --enabled-nls... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Now that I have --enabled-nls...
Date
List pgsql-general
Francois Suter <dba@paragraf.ch> writes:
> If I read the manual correctly, all I have to do is set the lc_message
> parameter to "de_DE" in postgresql.conf and SIGHUP the postmaster. Is
> that correct? Are there other settings?

I think that's the only setting, but I've never used the facility myself.

> I am asking because - as you can guess - psql still displays in
> English, which leaves me wondering whether I am doing something wrong
> or if this is yet another quirk of localization on Mac OS X...

One question that comes to mind is whether you installed the translated
message catalogs where the system will expect to find them.  (I dunno
where that is, even.  I'm just guessing that it might not get done as
part of the basic "make install" process.)

Peter would know more ...

            regards, tom lane