Re: variadic function support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: variadic function support
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
> this version is WIP - I have to clean comments, and will do some
> documentation. But I am sure, I am not able explain this feature in
> english well. Please, can some body help me with documentation? So
> now, plpgsql is more/less ruby :)

Applied with revisions.  The duplicate-argument detection logic in
FuncnameGetCandidates was pretty thoroughly broken, and there were some
internal API decisions I didn't like, as well as a few sins of omission
like not making ruleutils.c work.  I did some work on the docs but there
may be a few other places that could stand to mention variadic
functions.

I didn't do anything about the extra pg_proc column, but will start to
work on that now.

            regards, tom lane