Re: [HACKERS] WITH RECURSIVE updated to CVS TIP - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WITH RECURSIVE updated to CVS TIP
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 09:37:25AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:01:05PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > > Here is the patches he made against CVS HEAD (as of today).
> > >
> > > According to him followings are fixed with the patches:
> > >
> > > - fix crush with DISTINCT
> > > - fix creating VIEW
> > > - fix the case when recursion plan has another recursion plan under it
> > > - fix WITH RECURSIVE ...(..) SELECT ...WHERE.. returns wrong result
> > > - fix inifinit recursion with OUTER JOIN
> >
> > Great!
> >
> > I've patched psql for some partial support of WITH [RECURSIVE].
> >
> > http://git.postgresql.org/?p=~davidfetter/postgresql/.git;a=commit;h=da63f9a82b9e902b5542f788b2e6e6bc95221793
>
> Thanks. I will incorporate them with propsed patches.

Part of the point of this exercise is to make git the way to do this.
Can you please point me to a git repository where your latest changes
are so I can publish them?

> > > Not yet fixed:
> > >
> > > - detect certain queries those are not valid acroding to the standard
> > > - sort query names acording to the dependency
> >
> > Is there something in the standard on how to do this?  How to sort
> > the nodes other ways?
>
> No idea.  What do you think if we allow only one query name at the
> moment.

I'm not sure I understand what that has to do with sorting.

Please find attached a place where I've found some problems sorting by
tree by array as Asaba-san suggested.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!