Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> The main reason I brought it up was that only yesterday I was looking
> into fixing the slowness of the Slab allocator. It's currently quite
> far behind the performance of both generation.c and aset.c and it
> would be very nice to bring it up to at least be on-par with those.

Really!?  That's pretty sad, because surely it should be handling a
simpler case.

Anyway, I'm about to push this with an Assert in SlabFree and
run-time test in SlabRealloc.  That should be enough to assuage
my safety concerns, and then we can think about better performance.