Re: [GENERAL] Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"korry" <korry.douglas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Hmmm... I'm not crazy about libpq printing error messages to stderr.

Me neither, feel free to submit a patch.

The basic problem here is that the obvious fix involves feeding
the message to a PQnoticeProcessor callback, but these messages
occur during connection setup and there's no way to have called
PQsetNoticeProcessor yet.

So I think you've got to invent some green-field API if you want
to improve it, and that means nothing will happen out in the
real world for three to five years :-(