Re: BUG #9722: select ILIKE is not case insensitive in UTF8 cyrillic - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #9722: select ILIKE is not case insensitive in UTF8 cyrillic
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Martin Vassilev <mv@netsurf.bg> writes:
> Hi Tom,
>> Perhaps you don't have the database locale/encoding set correctly?
>> (Look at the lc_collate and lc_ctype settings, and compare to what
>> you were using in 8.4.)
> the 8.4 setup is gone :(

That's not a reason not to identify what you've got now.

> Here is my locale settings:

> ~# locale
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE=C

This is your shell environment, which may or may not have much to do with
what Postgres is using: you need to look at the lc_collate and lc_ctype
parameters for each database.  However, it would not surprise me at all
if an en_US setting doesn't case-fold Cyrillic characters --- and a C
setting most certainly wouldn't.

            regards, tom lane