BUG #9722: select ILIKE is not case insensitive in UTF8 cyrillic - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From mv@netsurf.bg
Subject BUG #9722: select ILIKE is not case insensitive in UTF8 cyrillic
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9722
Logged by:          Martin Vassilev
Email address:      mv@netsurf.bg
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
Operating system:   Linux Slackware x86_64

test1=# \d test1
                          Table "public.test1"
 Column |  Type   |                      Modifiers
--------+---------+------------------------------------------------------
 ID     | integer | not null default nextval('"test1_ID_seq"'::regclass)
 TEXT   | text    |

test1=# select * from test1 where "TEXT" ilike 'Тест%';
 ID |     TEXT
----+---------------
  3 | Тестов запис
  4 | Тестов запис1
(2 rows)

test1=# select * from test1 where "TEXT" ilike 'тест%';
 ID | TEXT
(0 rows)

Тhese two queries should return the same result.
I don't had that problem in version 8.4.X.
I want to thanks pgsql team for great work on this DB project.

regards,
Martin