Re: BUG #11528: Max Index Keys - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #11528: Max Index Keys
Date
List pgsql-bugs
John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
> if its a Redshift specific bug, which that seems to imply, then you'll
> need to take that up with Amazon, as Redshift is a fork of a rather old
> and no longer supported version of PostgreSQL

max_index_keys is a GUC variable that reflects a server build
parameter, namely the maximum number of columns allowed in an index.
I am guessing that the JDBC driver is trying to read that variable
and it's not working because Redshift is descended from a PG version
that predates whenever we added that GUC.  (Which was a long time
ago :-(.)  I have no idea *why* the JDBC driver would need to know that.

You really need to ask about this on the pgsql-jdbc mailing list,
not here.  There may not be a good solution other than using an ancient
JDBC driver with Redshift ... but the people who would know read that
list.

            regards, tom lane