Re: [GENERAL] How to check streaming replication status - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject Re: [GENERAL] How to check streaming replication status
Date
List pgsql-general

Define "unable to connect", in your previous example you appeared to be connected to the slave and attempting to call pg_current_xlog_location() ...

If you want to know if postgres is in recovery call pg_is_in_recovery()

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html

>What is the last wal file send from master, which file you processing
>now ?
>How far behind you ?
>
>As I ask:  My question is: How I can check the replication status when
>the slave does not accept connections ?

Again I think you need to define "the slave does not accept connections".

If you've not configured the slave to be a hot standby, then try setting hot_standby=on in postgresql.conf on the slave.  If you don't want to do that you can run the pg_controldata executable on the slave to see the cluster state.

You should also be able to see streaming replication slave lag on the master by looking at pg_stat_replication and using pg_xlog_location_diff()

hth