Re: hstore dump/restore bug in 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: hstore dump/restore bug in 9.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 05/12/2014 11:48 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Also, I think we still have some other dependencies on assumed
>> operator names in eg. CASE.  Cleaning up only NULLIF may not be a
>> full solution.

> GREATEST(..) and LEAST(..) already handle this, as does DISTINCT(...).

Those are different in that they're comparing multiple values that are
always of the same datatype, so that "look for the default btree opclass
for that type" is a well-defined rule.  NULLIF and CASE will certainly
require additional thought.  I think IN has the issue as well.

            regards, tom lane