Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PGDLLIMPORT to ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PGDLLIMPORT to ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 03/31/2012 10:56 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Add PGDLLIMPORT to ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords.
>>
>> Per buildfarm, this is now needed by contrib/pg_stat_statements.

> It seems to have broken mingw earlier now :-(

Ugh.  It looks like ecpg (and also pg_dump) are defining symbols named
ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords, but relying on the backend's
keywords.h to provide global declarations for those.  And this doesn't
work once we PGDLLIMPORT-decorate those declarations.

The only simple fix I can see is to rename the symbols in ecpg and
pg_dump to something else.  This is probably a good thing anyway to
reduce confusion.  Anybody have another idea?