Re: Auto VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From akp geek
Subject Re: Auto VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All -

             I am still having the issue, even after I turned on the auto vaccum. I have quick question. How do I know that auto vacuum process is running. When I restarted my database , I got the message auto vacuum launcher started. But is there a way that I can check that the process is really working.

             I have not been getting any error messages like the one I used to get
             ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task  with table name

            Can you please share your thoughts?

Regards

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 11:04 -0500, akp geek wrote:
> My RAM size is 8GB. I have set the maintenance_work_mem = 500MB this
> morning.
>
> ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task  with table name
>
> Thanks for the help

You likely have a lock that is conflicting with autovacuum and it
cancels itself to not conflict.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.