Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Aug-21, Michael Paquier wrote:

> I see that you've gone the way with the SQL function doing a load().
> Would it be worth switching the test to rely on the two macros for
> load and caching instead?  I've mentioned that previously but never
> got down to present a patch for the sake of this test.

Hmm, I have no opinion on which way is best.  You probably have a better
sense of what's better for the injections point interface, so I'm happy
to defer to you on this.

> +    /* reset in case this is a restart within the postmaster */
> +    inj_state = NULL;

I'm not sure that this assignment actually accomplishes anything ...

I don't understand what do the inj_stats_enabled stuff have to do with
this patch.  I suspect it's a git operation error, ie., you seem to have
squashed two different things together.

"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability
and continuity, the company should be independent of the competence of
individual employees."                                      (E. Dijkstra)