Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-04-11 09:05:31 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Probably my main concern is that the Meson build can use the same version
> of the VC++ compiler that we use (v14), which is carefully matched for
> compatibility with all the various components, just in case anything passes
> CRT pointers around.

FWIW, Independent of meson, I don't think support for VC 2015 in postgres is
long for the world. Later versions of msvc have increased the C standard
compliance a fair bit... It's also a few years out of normal support.

I've not tested building with 2015, but I don't know of anything that should
prevent building with meson with it.  I am fairly sure that it can't build
tab-complete.c, but you're presumably not building with tab completion support
anyway?

Greetings,

Andres Freund