Re: SQL/JSON revisited - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SQL/JSON revisited
Date
Re: SQL/JSON revisited  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Mar-29, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 29.03.2023 13:27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > ... and pushed it now, after some more meddling.
> >
> > I'll rebase the rest of the series now.
>
> Please look at the several minor issues/inconsistencies,
> I've spotted in the commit:

Thanks, I'll look at this tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's the next two patches of the series: IS JSON and
the "query" functions.  I think this is as much as I can get done for
this release, so the last two pieces of functionality would have to wait
for 17.  I still need to clean these up some more.  These are not
thoroughly tested either; 0001 compiles and passes regression tests, but
I didn't verify 0003 other than there being no Git conflicts and bison
doesn't complain.

Also, notable here is that I realized that I need to backtrack on my
change of the WITHOUT_LA: the original patch had it for TIME (in WITHOUT
TIME ZONE), and I changed to be for UNIQUE.  But now that I've done
"JSON query functions" I realize that it needed to be the other way for
the WITHOUT ARRAY WRAPPER clause too.  So 0002 reverts that choice.

"Crear es tan difícil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)

Attachment