Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:16:12 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 11:57:31AM +0100, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> > "Buffer" sounds more appropriate to me, so the attached has been done that way.
>
> This choice is OK for me.
>
> > +        <indexterm>
> > +         <primary>pg_stat_get_xact_blocks_fetched</primary>
> > +        </indexterm>
> > +        <returnvalue>bigint</returnvalue>
> > +       </para>
> > +       <para>
> > +        Returns the number of buffer fetches for table or index, in the current transaction
>
> This should be "number of buffer fetched", no?

In the original description, "buffer fetches" appears to be a plural
form of a compound noun and correct, similar to "buffer hits"
mentioned later. If we reword it, I think it should be "number of
buffers fetched".

> > +        </indexterm>
> > +        <returnvalue>bigint</returnvalue>
> > +       </para>
> > +       <para>
> > +        Returns the number of buffer hits for table or index, in the current transaction
> > +       </para></entry>
>
> This one looks OK to me too.

regards.

--