Re: pgsql: instr_time: Represent time as an int64 on all platforms - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: instr_time: Represent time as an int64 on all platforms
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2023-01-23 01:20:54 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm inclined to think that we should fix the plpython code to be rigorous
> about including everything else we need before including the Python
> headers.

I tried that, but I think it's hard with the current split of plpython
headers. Several of the plpy* headers, most significantly plpy_typeio.h,
include "postgres" headers. Which means that .c files can't include
plpy_typeio.h and still maintain the ordering of plpython headers coming last.

The only way I see that maintains the split of the plpython headers is to
institute the rule that plpy_* can't have any includes other than plpython.h,
and all their dependencies have to come from plpython.h.

I'll go and start a dedicated thread, this is too big a mess to discuss just
on -committers.

Greetings,

Andres Freund