Re: pgsql: instr_time: Represent time as an int64 on all platforms - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: instr_time: Represent time as an int64 on all platforms
Date
Re: pgsql: instr_time: Represent time as an int64 on all platforms  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-committers
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 05:25:19AM +0000, Andres Freund wrote:
>> instr_time: Represent time as an int64 on all platforms

> hoverfly is unhappy since this went in:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hoverfly&dt=2023-01-23%2005%3A01%3A44

Yeah, there was some discussion about that already:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230121190303.7xjiwdg3gvb62lu3@awork3.anarazel.de

I'm inclined to think that we should fix the plpython code to be rigorous
about including everything else we need before including the Python
headers.  That's ugly, but it's not our fault that Python thinks it can
redefine _POSIX_C_SOURCE.

            regards, tom lane