Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Dec-06, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I have pushed this finally.
>
> I made two further changes:

Actually, I made one further change that I forgot to mention -- I
changed the API of CombineRangeTables once again; the committed patch
has it this way:

+/*
+ * CombineRangeTables
+ *         Adds the RTEs of 'src_rtable' into 'dst_rtable'
+ *
+ * This also adds the RTEPermissionInfos of 'src_perminfos' (belonging to the
+ * RTEs in 'src_rtable') into *dst_perminfos and also updates perminfoindex of
+ * the RTEs in 'src_rtable' to now point to the perminfos' indexes in
+ * *dst_perminfos.
+ *
+ * Note that this changes both 'dst_rtable' and 'dst_perminfo' destructively,
+ * so the caller should have better passed safe-to-modify copies.
+ */
+void
+CombineRangeTables(List **dst_rtable, List **dst_perminfos,
+                  List *src_rtable, List *src_perminfos)

The original one had the target rangetable first, then the source
RT+perminfos, and the target perminfos at the end.  This seemed
inconsistent and potentially confusing.  I also changed the argument
names (from using numbers to "dst/src" monikers) and removed the
behavior of returning the list: ISTM it did turn out to be a bad idea
after all.