Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On 2022-Dec-02, Amit Langote wrote:

> This sounds like a better idea than adding a new AttrMap, so done this
> way in the attached 0001.

Thanks for doing that!  I have pushed it, but I renamed
ri_RootToPartitionMap to ri_RootToChildMap and moved it to another spot
in ResultRelInfo, which allows to simplify the comments.

> I've also merged into 0002 the delta patch I had posted earlier to add
> a copy of RTEPermInfos into the flattened permInfos list instead of
> adding the Query's copy.

Great.  At this point I have no other comments, except that in both
parse_relation.c and rewriteManip.c you've chosen to add the new
functions at the bottom of each file, which is seldom a good choice.
I think in the case of CombineRangeTables it should be the very first
function in the file, before all the walker-type stuff; and for
Add/GetRTEPermissionInfo I would suggest that right below
addRangeTableEntryForENR might be a decent choice (need to fix the .h
files to match, of course.)

"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)