Re: allowing for control over SET ROLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: allowing for control over SET ROLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Nov-18, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 7:24 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> > But I'm fine if you'd like to move on with the SET ROLE privilege
> > instead, as long as we believe it grants a stable set of capabilities
> > (and conversely, that if the SET ROLE privilege is revoked, that it
> > revokes a stable set of capabilities).
>
> OK.
>
> Here's a rebased v3 to see what cfbot thinks.

I think this hunk in dumpRoleMembership() leaves an unwanted line
behind.

    /*
-    * Previous versions of PostgreSQL also did not have a grant-level
+    * Previous versions of PostgreSQL also did not have grant-level options.
     * INHERIT option.
     */

(I was just looking at the doc part of this patch.)

"El hombre nunca sabe de lo que es capaz hasta que lo intenta" (C. Dickens)