Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo NAGATA
Subject Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 18:11:13 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> > By the way, after executing both make_etags and make_ctags, trying tag jump
> > in my vim causes the following error even though there are correct tags files.
> >
> >  E431: Format error in tags file "backend/access/heap/TAGS"
> >
> > Removing all TAGS files as below can resolve this error.
> >  $ find . -name TAGS | xargs rm
> >
> > So, should we have one more option of make_{ce}tags script to clean up
> > existing tags/TAGS files?
>
> Not sure. Before the commit make_ctags did not do such a thing but we
> never heard any complain like yours. Also I believe vi/vim users never
> invoke make_etags (same thing can be said to emacs users). So why
> should we bother?

Indeed, it was my first use of make_etags (or make_ctags -e) and it was
just for testing the patch. Similarly, someone who runs mistakenly this
command might want this option. However, as you say, there've been no
complain about this, so I don't feel it necessary so much. Maybe, users
of this command would be able to remove tags by their selves easily.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>