Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Sep-29, Jaime Casanova wrote:

> This doesn't look as improbable because I saw it at least 3 times with
> v15beta4.

To further the case of the not-so-low-probability, we have customers
that are hitting this about once per day, with Postgres 14 ... so their
systems are crashing all the time :-(  We've collected a bunch of
backtraces, and while I didn't analyze all of them, I hear that they all
look related to this fix.

Not good.

Maybe there's lots of data loss but the records of data loss are also lost.
(Lincoln Yeoh)