Re: [BUG] parenting a PK constraint to a self-FK one (Was: Self FK oddity when attaching a partition) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUG] parenting a PK constraint to a self-FK one (Was: Self FK oddity when attaching a partition)
Date
In response to Re: [BUG] parenting a PK constraint to a self-FK one (Was: Self FK oddity when attaching a partition)  (Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com>)
Re: [BUG] parenting a PK constraint to a self-FK one (Was: Self FK oddity when attaching a partition)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Oct-03, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> Thank you! This is fixed and rebased on current master branch in patches
> attached.

Thanks.  As far as I can see this fixes the bugs that were reported.
I've been giving the patches a look and it caused me to notice two
additional bugs in the same area:

- FKs in partitions are sometimes marked NOT VALID.  This is because of
  missing initialization when faking up a Constraint node in
  CloneFkReferencing.  Easy to fix, have patch, running tests now.

- The feature added by d6f96ed94e73 (ON DELETE SET NULL (...)) is not
  correctly propagated.  This should be an easy fix also, haven't tried,
  need to add a test case.

"La primera ley de las demostraciones en vivo es: no trate de usar el sistema.
Escriba un guión que no toque nada para no causar daños." (Jakob Nielsen)