Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Sep-28, Robert Haas wrote:

> The number of buildfarm failures that I would have avoided by checking
> CI is less than the number of extra things I had to fix to keep CI
> happy, and the serious problems were caught by the buildfarm, not by
> CI. [...] So I guess the way you're supposed to know that you need to
> update meson.build that is by looking at CI, but CI is also the only
> reason it's necessary to carry about meson.build in the first place. I
> feel like CI has not really made it in any easier to not break the
> buildfarm -- it's just provided a second buildfarm that you can break
> independently of the first one.

I have an additional, unrelated complaint about CI, which is that we
don't have anything for past branches.  I have a partial hack(*), but
I wish we had something we could readily use.

(*) I just backpatched the commit that added the .cirrus.yml file, plus
some later fixes to it, and I keep that as a separate branch which I
merge with whatever other changes I want to test.  I then push that to
github, and ignore the windows results when looking at cirrus-ci.com.