Re: Error "initial slot snapshot too large" in create replication slot - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Error "initial slot snapshot too large" in create replication slot
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 13 Sep 2022 15:45:07 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:51:56 -0700, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote in
> > This sees a tad misleading - the previous snapshot wasn't borken, right?
>
> I saw it kind of broken that ->xip contains sub transactions.  But I
> didn't meant it's broken by "correct". Is "proper" suitable there?

No. It's not broken if it is takenDuringRecovery.  So this flag can be
used to notify that xip can be oversized.

I realized that rbtxn_is_known_subxact is not reliable. I'm
redirecting to oversized xip. Pleas wait for a while.

regareds.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center