Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Default to hidden visibility for extension libraries where possi
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-20, Tom Lane wrote:

> I'll try to do some research later today to identify anything else
> we need to mark in plpgsql.  I recall doing some work specifically
> creating functions for pldebugger's use, but I'll need to dig.

I suppose you're probably thinking of commit 53ef6c40f1e7; that didn't
expose functions directly, but through plpgsql_plugin_ptr.  Maybe that
one does need to be made PGDLLEXPORT, since currently it isn't.

That was also reported by Pavel.  He was concerned about plpgsql_check,
though, not pldebugger.

Bob [Floyd] used to say that he was planning to get a Ph.D. by the "green
stamp method," namely by saving envelopes addressed to him as 'Dr. Floyd'.
After collecting 500 such letters, he mused, a university somewhere in
Arizona would probably grant him a degree.              (Don Knuth)