Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 03:04:27PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Wed, 13 Jul 2022 18:54:45 -0500, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote in
>
> Yes. I didn't confirm each variable. They are the variables differ on
> RHEL-family OSes.  io_concurrency differs according to
> USE_PREFETCH. Regarding to effects of macro definitions, I searched
> guc.c for non-GUC_NOT_IN_SAMPLE variables with macro-affected defaults.

I think you'd also need to handle the ones which are changed by initdb.c.

This patch takes Andres' suggestion.

The list of GUCs I flagged is probably incomplete, maybe inaccurate, and at
least up for discussion.

BTW I still think it might have been better to leave pg_settings_get_flags()
deliberately undocumented.

--
Justin

Attachment