Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-05-18 10:30:12 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here are some more patches that clean up various minor issues.

I rebased the meson tree, squashed a lot of the existing commits, merged your
changes, and fixed a few more differences between autoconf and meson.

For me the difference in defines now boils down to:

- CONFIGURE_ARGS - empty in meson, not clear what to fill it with
- GETTIMEOFDAY_1ARG - test doesn't exist - I suspect it might not be necessary
- PACKAGE_STRING, PACKAGE_TARNAME - unclear if they should be implemented?
- AC_APPLE_UNIVERSAL_BUILD logic - which I don't think we need?
- pg_restrict is defined in a simplistic way
- "missing" a bunch of defines that don't appear to be referenced:
  HAVE_FSEEKO
  HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_H
  HAVE_INTTYPES_H
  HAVE_LDAP_H
  HAVE_LIBCRYPTO
  HAVE_LIBLDAP
  HAVE_LIBM
  HAVE_LIBPAM
  HAVE_LIBSSL
  HAVE_LIBXML2
  HAVE_LIBXSLT
  HAVE_MEMORY_H
  HAVE_PTHREAD
  HAVE_PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT
  HAVE_STDINT_H
  HAVE_STDLIB_H
  HAVE_STRING_H
  HAVE_SYS_STAT_H
  HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
  HAVE_UNISTD_H
  SIZEOF_BOOL
  SIZEOF_OFF_T
  STDC_HEADERS
- meson additional defines, seems harmless:
  HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY - only defined on windows rn
  HAVE_SHM_UNLINK
  HAVE_SSL_NEW
  HAVE_STRTOQ
  HAVE_STRTOUQ