Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-04-14 19:45:15 -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> I suspect the failure is somehow impossible in "check".  Yesterday, I cranked
> up the number of locales, so there are now a lot more installcheck.  Before
> that, each farm run had one "check" and two "installcheck".  Those days saw
> ten installcheck failures, zero check failures.

I notice that the buildfarm appears to run initdb with syncing enabled
("syncing data to disk ... ok" in the initdb steps).  Whereas pg_regress
uses --no-sync.

I wonder if that's what makes the difference? Now that you reproduced
it, does it still reproduce with --no-sync added?

Also worth noting that pg_regress doesn't go through pg_ctl...

Greetings,

Andres Freund