Re: Commitfest wrapup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Commitfest wrapup
Date
Re: Commitfest wrapup  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Apr-08, Greg Stark wrote:

> These remaining CF entries look like they're bugs that are maybe Open
> Issues for release?
>
> * fix spinlock contention in LogwrtResult

I don't have a good enough grip on barriers needed for this, so I'd
rather move it to pg16 to have time for further study.

> * fix psql pattern handling

Sounds like a bugfix, but how old and how backpatchable a fix is?
Thread is quite long.

> * Avoid erroring out when unable to remove or parse logical rewrite
> files to save checkpoint work
> * standby recovery fails when re-replaying due to missing directory
> which was removed in previous replay.
> * Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode
> "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns
> * Fix pg_rewind race condition just after promotion
> * pg_receivewal fail to streams when the partial file to write is not
> fully initialized present in the wal receiver directory

Sound like bugfixes to be backpatched.

> A couple minor documentation, testing, and diagnostics patches that
> may be committable even after feature freeze?
>
> * Improve role attributes docs

Let's get it pushed.

There's also a logical replication "row filter" doc patch that I don't
see in your list, we should get that in.  Maybe it's not in CF.  I had a
quibble with paras length in that one; requires stylistic edit.

https://postgr.es/m/CAHut+PvyxMedYY-jHaT9YSfEPHv0jU2-CZ8F_nPvhuP0b955og@mail.gmail.com

> * Reloption tests iprovement. Test resetting illegal option that was
> actually set for some reason

I think we should push this one.

> * jit_warn_above_fraction parameter

Unsure; seems a good patch, but is there enough consensus?

> * Simplify some RI checks to reduce SPI overhead

Move to next; a lot more work is required.

> * Map WAL segment files on PMEM as WAL buffers
> * Support custom authentication methods using hooks
> * Implement INSERT SET syntax
> * Logical insert/update/delete WAL records for custom table AMs

New features.

"Uno puede defenderse de los ataques; contra los elogios se esta indefenso"