Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-31 10:05:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:52 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 0001 is changing the strategy to file copy during initdb and 0002
> > patch adds the test cases for both these cases.
>
> IMHO, 0001 looks fine, except for needing some adjustments to the wording.

Agreed.

> I'm less sure about 0002. It's testing the stuff Andres mentioned, but
> I'm not sure how good the tests are.

I came to a similar conclusion. It's still better than nothing, but it's just
a small bit of additional effort to do some basic testing that e.g. the move
actually worked...

> Andres, thoughts? Do you want me to polish and commit 0001?

Yes please!

FWIW, once the freeze is done I'm planning to set up scripting to see which
parts of the code we whacked around don't have test coverage...

Greetings,

Andres Freund