Re: pgsql: Add function to pump IPC process until string match - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Add function to pump IPC process until string match
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2022-02-23 13:32:03 +0000, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Add function to pump IPC process until string match
>
> Refactor the recovery tests to not carry a local duplicated copy of
> the pump_until function which pumps a process until a defined string
> is seen on a stream. This reduces duplication, and is in preparation
> for another patch which will also use this functionality.

I'm a bit disappointed by the moved function not having the diagnostic output
that at least the version in 013_crash_restart.pl had.  How is one supposed to
figure out what caused a timeout with the new central version? Given that
timeouts are the only way tests using pump_until() fail, that's not great.

Greetings,

Andres Freund